Update your inspection skills with our dedicated one-day Professional Tree Inspection refresher course. Staying on top of the latest developments in your chosen profession is vital. Our one-day, non-assessed training course to refresh your tree inspection skills will do just that. It’s ideal for anyone who has previously successfully completed the Professional Tree Inspection course.
Professional Tree Inspection Refresher Overview
- Our course will help you recognise and work within the limits of your competence in this vital field.
- We utilise existing knowledge and information to ensure you’ll be up to speed with all the key elements of the Professional Tree Inspection programme.
- You’ll also learn the latest examples of good health and safety practice.
- Professional arboriculturalists who have previously successfully completed the Professional Tree Inspection course.
- Frequency of refresher training will greatly depend upon how often the learner is involved in undertaking inspections, but it would be recommended on a five yearly basis.
- People professionally involved in arboriculture – specifically tree inspection.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Recognise the role of the tree inspector in risk management
- Identify the legal framework in the context of statute and common law that affect tree inspection and the duties and liabilities of the owner, manager, and inspector
- Summarise how a tree system functions, what constitutes a safe tree and know that energy is required to keep the tree in a healthy/safe state
- Adopt a systematic and consistent methodology for carrying out visual tree inspection at an advanced level with the aid of binoculars, mallet, and probe
- Collect data out in the field in accordance with the inspection instructions (having determined the scope and limitations) using a suitable format. (For this course a written survey template with appropriate headings will be used)
- Recognise a range of observable mechanical and biological defects as seen in trees and confirm by the use of textbooks where necessary
- Identify a range of commonly seen pests, diseases, and disorders that affect tree safety, confirm their identity by the use of textbooks, where necessary, and state the arboricultural significance of finding them in the field
- State the appropriate control/remedial measures required to eliminate or reduce risks identified in the inspection process to an acceptable level
- Determine when an aerial inspection is required, also if pro-active management recommendations can be made which may eliminate future defects from forming
- Prioritise the necessary tree/management works with time scales based on a broad category of risk assessment
- Identify when it is appropriate to recommend the use of decay detecting or measuring equipment, based on a basic knowledge of the working principles of commonly available equipment
- Understand that a balance between the remedial measure opted for and the range of benefits/values that a tree may have requires special attention, for example, amenity, wildlife, historical, veteran, rarity, and public access.
Professional Tree Inspection Refresher Training
For more information on this Professional Tree Inspection Refresher course or to discuss any other forestry, arboriculture or chain saw training courses please contact us using the form below
Related Tree Inspection & Management Training Courses
- Basic Tree Survey and Inspection Training Course
- Professional Tree Inspection Training Course
- Professional Tree Inspection Refresher
- Highway Tree Inspection Training Course
- Chainsaw Training Courses