Trailers are used extensively both in and outside work. You might be transporting a vital piece of agricultural equipment or simply hitching a car to a caravan. Whatever your needs, towing a trailer off-road requires a high level of skill. Our course will teach you that skill. Learn to tow trailers off-road with skill and confidence.
Our course involves a balanced mix of theory and practical sessions. It’s for very small groups, so you’ll be guaranteed plenty of one-to-one instruction. You’ll learn the ins and outs of safety and the legal requirements regarding trailers. We’ll also give you an overview of the different types of trailers out there – and what they can and cannot do. Then it’s time for the hands-on sessions. You’ll learn to couple/uncouple and load your trailer. Off-road practice follows, including key braking exercises.
Off Road Trailer Towing Course Overview
- Weight limitations
- Types of trailer and hitch – suitability for purpose and limitations of use
- Causes of accidents
- Coupling/un-coupling procedures
- Off-road trailer towing
- Loading – effects on stability/control
- Vehicle/trailer checks
- Braking exercise
- Limitations of braking system.
- Understand the legal requirements when towing trailers
- Carry out equipment safety checks
- Understand how the type and weight of a trailer affects off-road performance and safety
- Understand the relationship between vehicle and trailer weights and limits and how they are affected by off-road use
- Couple/uncouple the trailer from a vehicle
- Understand the requirements of driving the vehicle and trailer combination off-road
- Demonstrate competence in dealing with a variety of common off-road situations
- Understand the main causes of accidents and what can be done to avoid them.
Off Road Trailer Towing Training Courses
For more information on our off road trailer towing training or to discuss any other trailer or driver training courses please contact us using the form below