For professional chainsaw operators working in forestry and arboriculture the industry recommendation is that for ’high risk‘ activities the minimum level of adequacy of training is to a certificate of competence or nationally recognised qualification where assessment is carried out independently of the training. This Level 2 Award In Felling and Processing Trees up to 380mm qualification meets this requirement.
Felling and Processing Trees Up To 380 mm Overview
- Our Level 2 Award In Felling and Processing Trees course is designed for anyone aged 16 or above.
- You’ll already have some experience of tree felling and processing.
- You’ll be able to provide evidence of your ability to meet licence to practice and/or other legal requirements.
- And once the course is completed, you’ll have the chance to obtain competency cards to boost your employment prospects.
- We use a balanced mix of theory and practical sessions to ensure you’re working confidently to industry standards of good working practice.
- You’ll be given the chance to demonstrate your knowledge of, and competence in, the key skills of tree felling and processing.
- Our course will also teach you to work safely across 23 guided learning hours.
- Quality Assurance policies are in place to ensure that all assessments meet the independent assessment requirements for this sector.
- Worth noting: As there are physical elements to our course, you’ll need to have at least a minimum level of fitness.
- Before registering on this qualification you must have achieved the following:
- Chainsaw Maintenance.
- Cross-cut timber using a chainsaw.
- If you are over the age of 16 and wish to develop your knowledge, understanding, and skills and require proof of competence within your field of expertise, then this course is suitable for you.
- You may already be using your skills across a range of trees and timber operations, however, this qualification aims to ensure you are confidently working to the minimum standards of good working practices.
- Due to the nature of the qualification a minimum level of fitness would be required for specific operations.
By the end of this Level 2 Award In Felling and Processing Trees training course, you will have:
- Gained a recognised national qualification demonstrating your competence and knowledge
- Developed further knowledge, understanding and skills to help support your current role
- Furthered your career options
- Enhanced your ability to work safely, effectively and efficiently in the workplace.
Level 2 Award In Felling and Processing Trees Training
For more information on all Level 2 Award In Felling and Processing Trees training or to discuss any other forestry, arboriculture or chain saw training courses please contact us using the form below
Related Forestry, Arboriculture or Chainsaw Training Courses
- Level 2 Award In Cross-cut Timber Using a Chainsaw
- Level 2 Award In Chainsaw Maintenance Training Course
- Level 2 Award In Felling and Processing Trees up to 380 mm
- Level 3 Award In Felling and Processing Trees over 380mm
- Level 3 Award In Severing Uprooted or Windblown Trees Using a Chainsaw
- Level 3 Award In Emergency Treework Operations