For professional chainsaw operators working in forestry and arboriculture the industry recommendation is that for ’high risk‘ activities the minimum level of adequacy of training is to a certificate of competence or nationally recognised qualification where assessment is carried out independently of the training. This Level 2 Award In Cross-cut Timber Using a Chainsaw qualification meets this requirement.
Level 2 Cross-cut Timber Using a Chainsaw Overview
The chainsaw is one of the most useful – and powerful – tools used across any number of industries. But it is also one of the most dangerous. Our course will help you build on the skills and experience you already possess. It will give you the chance to obtain a competency card to open up job opportunities in your chosen sector.
- This course will enable you to prove your expertise in a vital area of forestry and arboriculture work.
- It will also provide firm evidence of your ability to meet licence-to-practise standards.
- Quality Assurance policies are in place to ensure that all assessments meet the independent assessment requirements for this sector.
- You could be starting a new role. Or you might already be using your chainsaw skills across a range of relevant operations.
- Whatever your professional circumstances, our course will boost your confidence and help you meet the current standards of good working practice.
If you are over the age of 16 and wish to develop your knowledge, skill, and competence in forestry and arboriculture, then this Level 2 chainsaw course is suitable for you.
To achieve this qualification, you’ll need to have completed the mandatory unit:
- Cross-cut timber using a chainsaw.
- Worth noting: Our course involves some physical sessions, so it’s essential that you have at least a minimum level of fitness.
This LANTRA Level 2 Award In Cross-cut Timber Using a Chainsaw qualification will assess your skills in the following areas:
- Working safely
- cross-cutting timber using a chainsaw
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation and industry good practice.
Level 2 Award In Cross-cut Timber Using a Chainsaw Training
For more information on this Level 2 Award In Cross-cut Timber Using a Chainsaw course or to discuss any other LANTRA forestry, arboriculture or chain saw training courses please contact us using the form below
Related Forestry, Arboriculture or Chainsaw Training Courses
- Level 2 Award In Cross-cut Timber Using a Chainsaw
- Level 2 Award In Chainsaw Maintenance Training Course
- Level 2 Award In Felling and Processing Trees up to 380 mm
- Level 3 Award In Felling and Processing Trees over 380mm
- Level 3 Award In Severing Uprooted or Windblown Trees Using a Chainsaw
- Level 3 Award In Emergency Treework Operations