For professional chainsaw operators working in forestry and arboriculture the industry recommendation is that for ’high risk‘ activities the minimum level of adequacy of training is to a certificate of competence or nationally recognised qualification where assessment is carried out independently of the training. This Level 2 Award In Chainsaw Maintenance Training Course qualification meets this requirement.
Level 2 Award In Chainsaw Maintenance Overview
- Chainsaws need to be constantly maintained to work in a safe and efficient manner.
- This assessment is nationally recognised and is the first step towards becoming a fully qualified chainsaw user.
- This course will enable you to prove your expertise in a vital area of forestry and arboriculture work.
- It will also provide firm evidence of your ability to meet licence-to-practise standards.
- Quality Assurance policies are in place to ensure that all assessments meet the independent assessment requirements for this sector.
- You could be starting a new role. Or you might already be using your chainsaw skills across a range of relevant operations.
- Whatever your professional circumstances, our course will boost your confidence and help you meet the current standards of good working practice.
To achieve this qualification, you’ll need to have completed the mandatory unit:
- Carry out maintenance of chainsaw and cutting system.
- Worth noting: Our course involves some physical sessions, so it’s essential that you have at least a minimum level of fitness.
- If you are over the age of 16 and wish to develop your knowledge, understanding, and skills and require proof of competence within your field of expertise, then this course is suitable for you.
Your role may require you to use your skills across a range of trees and timber operations. The Qualification aims to ensure you can be confident the minimum standards of good working practices are observed/followed at all times.
This Level 2 Award In Chainsaw Maintenance qualification will assess your abilities in the following areas:
- Working safely carrying out maintenance of chainsaw and cutting system
- Operational chainsaw checks
- Relevant health and safety legislation and industry good practice.
Level 2 Award In Chainsaw Maintenance Training
For more information on all Level 2 Award In Chainsaw Maintenance or to discuss any other forestry, arboriculture or chain saw training courses please contact us using the form below
Related Forestry, Arboriculture or Chainsaw Training Courses
- Level 2 Award In Cross-cut Timber Using a Chainsaw
- Level 2 Award In Chainsaw Maintenance Training Course
- Level 2 Award In Felling and Processing Trees up to 380 mm
- Level 3 Award In Felling and Processing Trees over 380mm
- Level 3 Award In Severing Uprooted or Windblown Trees Using a Chainsaw
- Level 3 Award In Emergency Treework Operations