This industrial telescopic lift truck training course will equip you with the knowledge and confidence to operate the machine safely, protecting both you and those around you. Becoming proficient in operating this machinery is an essential and valued operator’s skill for any contract, large or small.
This training course has been developed to help you understand how to operate an industrial telescopic lift truck safely. The amount of instruction you will require will depend largely upon your previous experience and sessions will be adapted to meet your needs. Course duration will depend on experience and will be from one to four days. The training course will consist of theory and practical sessions, followed by assessment. If successful in meeting the required standards assessed, you will be awarded a certificate of competence and a Lantra skills ID card for your chosen certificate option.
This course offers two certificate options depending on your needs:
- J4 – up to 9m lift
- J5 – over 9m lift.
Industrial Telescopic Lift Truck Training Overview
- Lift Truck Safety and the Law
- Common Areas of Maintenance and Pre-start Checks
- Start, Stop and Basic Manoeuvring
- Operating with Pallets and Loads
- Appendices (as relevant)
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment.
- Prepare the various lift trucks for driving or manoeuvring by:
- Having site safety awareness
- Identifying basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges
- Identifying and complying with the manufacturer’s operator’s manual (MOM) and other information sources, such as rating plates and applicable regulations
- Carrying out all pre-use and running checks
- Configuring the lift truck for travel
- Placing the lift truck in an out-of-service condition.
- Operate, move or manoeuvre the lift trucks:
- Both with and without a load
- In confined areas using forward and reverse direction, with and without a load.
- Select, transfer and position loads using a lift truck by:
- Setting up the lift in order to lift various loads
- Lifting various loads within the full working range of the lift truck
- Ensuring load integrity and security
- Transporting loads
- Placing and retrieving loads accurately at various places
- Placing and retrieving loads from a vehicle bed or trailer
- Keeping within safe working parameters
- Operating with bulk loads
- Explaining the loading and unloading procedure, on and off a transporter.
- Load and unload a container, vehicle, vessel or craft using a reach lift truck
- Place and retrieve loads from a vehicle bed or trailer
- Undertake post-operational checks on a lift truck.
Industrial Telescopic Lift Truck Driver Training Courses
For more information on our training courses for industrial telescopic lift truck drivers or to discuss any other plant or heavy machinery training courses please contact us using the form below.
Related Plant & Heavy Machinery Training Courses
- General Winching Theory & Practice Training
- Slinger / Signaller Driver Training Courses
- Side Loader Lift Truck Training Courses
- Rough Terrain Telescopic Lift Truck Training
- Rough Terrain Masted Fork Lift Trucks (J1)
- Reach Lift Truck Driver Training Courses
- Fork Lift Trucks for Supervisors & Managers
- Level 2 Reach Truck Fork Lift Operations D1
- Level 2 Reach Truck Fork Lift Operations D2
- Level 2 Counter Balance Fork Lift Truck Operations B3
- Level 2 Counter Balance Fork Lift Truck Operations B2
- Level 2 Counter Balance Fork Lift Truck Operations B1
- Industrial Telescopic Lift Truck Training Courses
- Crane Operator Training Courses
- Counterbalance Lift Truck Training Courses