Forward tipping dumpers have one of the highest rates of accidents, causing serious injuries and even fatalities. This course will equip you with the knowledge and confidence to operate the machine safely, protecting both you and those around you. This course offers two certificate options: operating either a tracked or wheeled machine depending on your needs. Becoming proficient in operating this machinery is an essential and valued operator’s skill for any contract, large or small.
This training course will help you understand how to operate a forward tipping dumper safely. The amount of instruction you will require will depend largely upon your previous experience and sessions will be adapted to meet your needs. Course duration will depend on experience and will be from one to four days. The training course will consist of theory and practical sessions, followed by assessment. If successful in meeting the required standards assessed, you will be awarded a certificate of competence and a Lantra skills ID card for your chosen certificate option.
Forward Tipping Dumper Training Overview
- Plant Safety and the Law
- Machine Knowledge and Preparation for Work
- Travelling and Manoeuvring the Machine
- Machine Operation
- Securing Loads and Safe Transportation
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment.
- Describe the key requirements of health, safety and environmental legislation
- Interpret and comply with drawings, specifications, schedules, risk assessments and manufacturers’ owner’s manuals (MOMs) related to the plant or machinery operations and the work to be carried out
- Identify the hazards associated with plant or machinery operations and put the appropriate control measures in place
- Identify and explain the purpose of machine components and operator controls
- Conduct all operational and pre-start checks
- Prepare the forward tipping dumper for site and highway travel
- Drive the forward tipping dumper safely over varying types of terrain
- Operate the forward tipping dumper safely in restricted spaces
- Operate the forward tipping dumper to transport materials to given work instructions
- Demonstrate how to safely place spoil onto varying terrain
- Shut down and secure plant or machinery
- Describe the procedures used for loading and unloading forward tipping dumpers when transported on a trailer.
Forward Tipping Dumper Driver Training Courses
For more information on our training courses for forward tipping dumper drivers or to discuss any other plant or heavy machinery training courses please contact us using the form below.
Related Plant & Heavy Machinery Training Courses
- Skid Steer Loader Driver Training Course
- Forward Tipping Dumper Training Courses
- Dump Truck Driver Training Courses
- 360° Wheeled Excavator Training Courses
- 360° Tracked Excavator Training Courses
- 180° Excavator Operator Training Courses