This dump truck driver training course will equip you with the knowledge and confidence to operate the machine safely, protecting both you and those around you. If successful in meeting the required standards assessed, you will be awarded a certificate of competence and a Lantra skills ID card for your chosen certificate option. Becoming proficient in operating this machinery is an essential and valued operator’s skill for any contract, large or small.
This training course will help you understand how to safely operate a dump truck. The amount of instruction you will require will depend largely upon your previous experience and sessions will be adapted to meet your needs. Course duration will depend on experience and will be from one to four days. The training course will consist of theory and practical sessions, followed by assessment.
This course offers a range of certificate options depending on your needs:
- Articulated chassis up to 15 tonnes
- Articulated chassis above 15 tonnes
- Rigid chassis up to 15 tonnes tracked
- Rigid chassis up to 50 tonnes tracked
- Rigid chassis up to 15 tonnes wheeled
- Rigid chassis up to 50 tonnes wheeled.
Dump Truck Driver Training Course Overview
- Plant Safety and the Law
- Machine Knowledge and Preparation for Work
- Travelling and Manoeuvring the Machine
- Machine Operation
- Securing Loads and Safe Transportation
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment.
- Describe the key requirements of health, safety and environmental legislation
- Interpret and comply with drawings, specifications, schedules, risk assessments and manufacturer’s operator’s manual (MOM) related to the plant or machinery operations and the work to be carried out
- Identify the hazards associated with plant or machinery operations and put the appropriate control measures in place
- Identify and explain the purpose of machine components and operator controls
- Conduct all operational and pre-start checks
- Prepare the dump truck for site and highway travel
- Drive the dump truck safely over varying types of terrain
- Operate the dump truck safely in restricted spaces
- Prepare the dump truck for loading procedures
- Complete a range of loading procedures
- Demonstrate how to safely discharge loads
- Shut down and secure plant or machinery
- Describe the procedures used for loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.
Dump Truck Driver Training Courses
For more information on our training courses for dump truck drivers or to discuss any other plant or heavy machinery training courses please contact us using the form below.
Related Plant & Heavy Machinery Training Courses
- Skid Steer Loader Driver Training Course
- Forward Tipping Dumper Training Courses
- Dump Truck Driver Training Courses
- 360° Wheeled Excavator Training Courses
- 360° Tracked Excavator Training Courses
- 180° Excavator Operator Training Courses