Whether you’re an experienced hand or just starting out, our course will steer you through all you’ll need to ride this modern-day work horse safely and expertly.
Sit-in all-terrain vehicles (ATVs, also known as Quad Bikes or Quadbikes) are incredibly versatile machines, making them popular, and vital, tools of the trade for agricultural businesses.
But their flexibility means that even the most experienced rider can find themselves in potentially dangerous situations. Without proper training, serious accidents can occur – a fact at the heart of our course and its objectives.
Sit-In Conventional Steer All Terrain Vehicle Course Details
- Our expert instructors will help you master the skills needed to ride a sit-in conventional steer ATV safely and with confidence.
- As the name suggests, you’ll gain vital experience tackling all terrains and in all conditions, from testing hill climbs to public roads.
- The course’s key fundamentals will also cover loading and towing, identifying and reporting mechanical faults and understanding health, safety and legal issues.
- New riders will gain the basic skills required to use ATVs effectively.
- More experienced operators will be able to maximise their abilities to get the very best out of their vehicle.
- Comply with legal requirements with an emphasis on safe practice
- Identify the risks associated with using a sit-in ATV
- Select and use appropriate personal protective equipment
- Understand the main causes of accidents
- Identify the controls and components
- Understand the function of all instruments
- Carry out daily checks as indicated in the operator’s manual
- Carry out appropriate pre-start checks
- Identify and report any faults
- Start up and drive over a variety of terrain and ground conditions
- Carry out a ‘failed hill’ climb (full course only)
- Carry out a risk assessment and plan the route
- Operate the sit-in ATV safely on a variety of slopes and terrain (full course only)
- Identify loading/towing capacities
- Drive with loads and trailed equipment (full course)
- Load and secure for transport on the road (if appropriate)
- Understand legal and practical requirements for travelling on the public road
- Identify track profile and weight transfer
- Load and unload machine from trailer/lorry.
All Terrain Vehicle Training Courses
For more information on all terrain vehicle and quad bike training or to discuss any other training courses please contact us using the form below