Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
This is a one day is relevant to all staff working in a care environment.
- The changes to the Mental Capacity Act known as the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- What created the need to amend the MCA to include the new safeguards
- Indicators of potential deprivation
- Who is responsible for doing what under this legislation
- How the safeguards work in practice
- Learners studied case scenarios illustrating potential DoLS
Delivery method – Delivered using tutoring, participative learning techniques, role-play and case studies. A certificate of attendance is issued upon completion of the course.